CDC is hiring - Diagnostic Medical Sonographers & Ultrasound Team Leads - Calgary, AB
Diagnostic Medical Sonographers & Ultrasound Team Leads
Exciting news! CDC is opening a brand-new location in Edmonton this September, located at 632 91st St. We are filling Sonographer and Team Lead roles not only for this location, but at locations across Edmonton and Calgary.
CDC is seeking dynamic and motivated Sonographers to join a growing team! With a strong team of Radiologists, Team Leads, and Sonographers at each clinic, you have approachable, hands-on teachers and mentors at your fingertips. Both new grads and experienced sonographers will feel right at home here!
Services Offered: Multi-modality diagnostic imaging services and programs including: general, interventional, extended, and vascular ultrasound, MRI & CT, echocardiography (Edmonton), breast imaging & biopsy, pediatric imaging (Calgary), pain management and musculoskeletal imaging, and other specialty imaging procedures.
What our Team Says:
- ”CDC is very patient and family centred”
- ”All departments work together so closely that at every point the best communication and care is offered to our patients”
|Locations:||Edmonton & Calgary, Alberta|
|Status:||Full-Time, 35 Hours Per Week (Compressed full-time work-week options available)|
|Positions:||Multiple positions available in both cities|
|Salary:||$39.93 – $53.61 Per Hour|
|Incentives:||Relocation assistance, signing bonus, skill and weekend premiums, excellent medical benefits, health & personal spending accounts, RRSP matching, sonographer referral program, generous vacation entitlements.|
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate effectively with the patient and the health care team, recognizing the patient's needs.
- Effectively operate sonographic equipment, and evaluate sonograms to acquire appropriate diagnostic information.
- Integrate diagnostic sonograms, laboratory results, patient history and medical records, adapting examination as necessary.
- Use independent judgment to acquire the optimum diagnostic information in each examination performed.
- Maintain ultrasound equipment, work area and adequate supply levels.
- Participate in the maintenance of accreditation.
- Train student sonographers and completes evaluation of students.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and staff.
- Ability to follow established departmental procedures.
- A successful graduate of an accredited Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program.
- Current registration with Sonography Canada. New grads must be Sonography Canada eligible, with liability insurance.
- Candidates with breast, biopsy and/or MSK experience are preferred. Training will be provided upon hire.
- Providing a satisfactory criminal and vulnerable sector check as a condition of employment.
Active from 6/9/2017 to 10/9/2017