Full Time Echo Sonographer - Cambridge ON
Full Time Echo Sonographer
Job Type: Full-time
Cambridge Cardiac Care Centre
150 Hespeler Road,
Cambridge, ON, N1R 6V6
Cambridge Cardiac Care Centre is a multidisciplinary centre of excellence dedicated to providing state of the art complete Cardiovascular Care through cardiovascular health promotion & prevention, early detection & comprehensive therapy to create a community of health where citizens live longer healthier lives. As the designated preferred provider of Cardiac Rehabilitation Services, Congestive Heart Failure and Rapid Access Atrial Fibrillation Clinic to Cambridge Memorial Hospital & catchment of the city of Cambridge & surrounding region, we are committed to providing a comprehensive Cardiac Program that encompasses all aspects of wellness: physical, dietary, emotional, sexual, and work/ social reintegration. The centre is designed to provide community based access to service excellence in a warm, inviting & non-threatening environment. Our commitment is to enable wellness, embrace learning & expand the therapeutic horizon.
The successful applicant will be responsible for all aspects of imaging procedures and the operation of equipment. The individual must maintain a high standard of medical ethics, ability to work independently, with a professional attitude and a drive to succeed. Echo & Stress echo rooms are set-up for a right-handed scanning sonographer.
- Applicants must be self-motivated, with excellent interpersonal skills; dealing effectively with patients, physicians, and the community
- Proficient in Regular 2D echo, Contrast Echo
- Stress echo & Contrast Stress Echo
- Pediatric echo experience preferred
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations effectively
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a busy team environment
- Excellent communication (oral, written, telephone) and interpersonal skills with a well-developed customer service focus;
- Flexible and able to prioritize and accommodate urgent requests
- Prepare accurate preliminary reports for physician interpretation
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively in a busy clinical environment.
- Excellent communication (oral, written, telephone) and interpersonal skills with a well-developed customer service focus
- Graduate of a recognized/accredited program in Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography
- Sonography Canada (formerly known as CARDUP) credentialed membership or American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- Current CPR HCP + AED certification
- Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
- Opportunity for growth in our multi-disciplinary health care team
- Excellent wages with competitive starting rates based on experience
Email Applications and Inquiries To
Tel: 519-624-3511 Fax: 519-624-3411
Active from 8/30/2017 to 12/30/2017