Temporary Full Time - Echo Sonographer - Quinte Health Care - Multi Site
Temporary Full Time – Echo sonographer - Quinte Health Care – Multi Site
Quinte Health Care (QHC), located in south/central Ontario, is an integrated system of hospitals working with our partners to provide exceptional care. Our four hospitals: Belleville General Hospital, Trenton Memorial Hospital, Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital and North Hastings Hospital, offer high-quality, comprehensive health services to nearly 200,000 people throughout the region.
With fantastic restaurants, a thriving arts and culture scene, and more than 40 wineries, the Quinte region is an excellent place to live. The array of parks, picturesque beaches, golf courses, and waterfront trails, provide plenty of opportunity for outdoor adventure. This dynamic, growing community offers affordable housing in both urban and rural settings and is an easy commute to larger centres such as Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa and Montreal. Visit www.bayofquinte.ca to learn more about the region.
QHC’s vision is to provide exceptional and compassionate care and to be valued by our communities and inspired by the people we serve. We strive to enhance the quality and safety of care, create an exceptional safety experience, provide effective care transitions, and be an exceptional workplace.
- Successful completion of a recognized course in echocardiography.
- Current Certificate of Registration in good standing with ARDMS / Sonography Canada credentialed membership or eligible for certification / credentialed membership within the next 12 months related to recent graduation.
- One (1) year clinical experience in performing tests including Doppler and color flow echocardiograms OR acceptable proof of practical skills.
- Current CPR certificate, or willing to obtain within 3 months of effective date
- Evidence of continuing professional development. (please list most recent 3 on application)
- Capable of coping with a physically demanding workload. (Physical Demands Analysis (PDA) available to review)
- Consistent application of QHC’s values
- Perform adult and paediatric echocardiograms including Doppler and color flow.
- Complete required paper and electronic patient records based on departmental protocols.
- Ensure patient appointments are handled in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Maintain equipment and supply levels.
- Participate in QA activities related to department.
- Adhere to QHC infection control standards
- Liaise with physicians, hospital staff and others where applicable and appropriate regarding test results.
- Other duties as assigned.
Active from 10/16/2017 to 2/16/2018