Professional Liability Insurance
Sonography Canada is pleased to announce that effective March 1, 2017, BMS Canada Risk Services Ltd. (BMS Group) is the official broker for the Sonography Canada Member Insurance Program
This change was made in the best interests of sonographers with the goal of providing Sonography Canada members with improved services, increased insurance coverage, and lower premium costs.
What does this mean for me right now?
Other than a commitment to exceptional same day service, the switch in brokers represents no change in coverage or cost, as the policy and insurer remain the same. Your coverage continues under the policies that are presently in effect. Members participating in the insurance program will immediately benefit from additional practice risk resources, continued educational support, and exceptional customer service.
What does this mean for me at renewal?
Sonography Canada members will see enhanced coverage at a reduced cost, increased value, and further improved services upon renewal. In addition, members can expect:
- Increased practice risk resources: BMS experts will work with legal and healthcare professionals to provide targeted information, tools, content and educational seminars and webinars on practice risk.
- Specialized legal protection: Members have access to specialized legal services, including 30 minutes of free legal advice for professional liability issues via a specific hotline through the arrangement with BMS, Sonography Canada and Gowling WLG (Canada) LLP, one of Canada’s leading medical and professional liability defence law firms.
Should you receive a notice of a claim or have any questions about the liability protection available contact a BMS broker today at 1-844-583-7748 or email@example.com, or visit our website at www.sonography.bmsgroup.com.
To purchase coverage please contact Sonography Canada at 1-888-273-6746 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EligibilityIn order to be eligible for the Sonography Canada group insurance program, you must be a member in good standing of Sonography Canada. Sonography Canada has negotiated with the broker and insurance company to provide discounted insurance rates exclusively to members as a member benefit.
Insurance Application (Available to Active Members only)
Valid May 1, 2017 - April 30, 2018
Professional Liability Insurance Application and Payment forms
Available to Active Members (Submit ALL four pages)
Interim Professional Liability Insurance (Available to New Graduate of a CMA accredited program only)
Valid May 1, 2017 - April 30, 2018
Graduate Interim PLI Application and Payment Forms
Available to New Graduate of a CMA accredited program only (Submit ALL four pages)
Graduate Interim professional liability insurance (PLI) is intended to provide PLI insurance coverage to a new graduate of a CMA accredited program for the period from graduation until they have become fully credentialed by Sonography Canada.
- Work must be supervised during the period covered by Graduate interim insurance.
- Coverage is for a maximum period of up to 4 years from the date of graduation and cannot be extended.
- Insurance coverage will automatically switch to full insurance coverage upon being awarded a Sonography Canada credential, at which time the condition of needing to work under supervision is lifted. Graduate Interim insurance coverage is not extendable.
- The cost for PLI for Graduate interim insurance is ½ the regular rate for their first year - $40 + taxes for $5 million liability coverage.