PLI EligibilityAll Active Sonography Canada members in good standing (credentialed or non-credentialed), and new graduates may purchase Sonography Canada’s PLI.
Active Credentialed Member
- You have earned and hold at least one Sonography Canada credential (CRGS®, CRCS®, CRVS® or CRS®)
- You have paid Sonography Canada membership dues.
***NEW*** Members of provincial regulatory colleges who do not hold a Sonography Canada credential may access our PLI by becoming an Active Non-credentialled member.
Active Non-Credentialed Member
You may join Sonography Canada as an Active Non-Credentialled Member if you:
- Provide proof of acceptance into a provincial regulatory college within *90 days of applying to Sonography Canada for membership. *In Ontario, the 90-day timeframe may be extended in 2018 only.
New Graduate Interim
New graduates from accredited Canadian sonography education programs can also access Sonography Canada's PLI so they can have comprehensive PLI coverage if they able to begin working before receiving their Sonography Canada credentials. Conditions of eligibility include:
- Work must be supervised by a credentialed sonographer or radiologist (they are responsible to sign off on all the cases that you complete under their supervision) during the period covered by Graduate interim insurance.
- Coverage is for a maximum period of up to 4 years from the date of graduation and cannot be extended.
- Insurance coverage will automatically switch to full insurance coverage once the Sonography Canada credential is awarded, normally upon successful completion of the Sonography Canada exams. At this time, the requirement for work under supervision is lifted. Graduate Interim insurance coverage is not extendable.
- The cost for PLI for Graduate interim insurance is ½ the regular rate for their first year - $40 + taxes for $5 million liability coverage.